So Many Rules
So I'm filling out these stupid applications to get into residency, stressing out the maximum that I'm not going to get in, even though I'm applying to family medicine - which is apparently the "specialty" that no one wants. I have a complex about that...although I enjoy family medicine (well at least 45% of it), I always wonder if I could be something else. Well, I know I could, but that would mean I would have had to try a little harder in school over the last 3 years. Totally my fault, but I believe that my subconscious was making me do that for a reason.
Oh my god, I totally went tangential there. So I'm doing this application and one program requires a photocopy of a passport. I don't know why, since I'm sure they would have cleared that up when I got into medical school. I was taking these passport sized pictures to send in for my application (so they know how hot I am!) and the woman said, "Don't smile! You can't smile in passport photos". I said why? I don't want these program directors to look at my straightface and think, this girl is miserable looking, and chuck my application away. So I told her that these pictures weren't for a passport. Turned out bad anyways. I look half dead. But the real point of my story is...I just looked in my passport and I am smiling in my picture...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home