Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Ass backwards

Today was a completely off day. It all started when I was late for work/school. It is really frustrating when you can't control the amount of time it takes to get to work. For instance, taking the subway. You can't make the subway go any faster. Nor can you push people out of the way so that you can run to the next subway, only to wait 3 minutes for the doors to close. And as much as I'd like to, I can't make myself wake up any earlier. I also have this weird belief that I can do things early in the morning and still make it into work on time. Good thing my supervisor was late too (PHEW!). I basically have decided that sucking up is totally useless. My supervisor keeps telling me that I can come in late, not come if I'm feeling ill, or go home early, and it will not affect my evaluation whatsoever. At first, I thought, ok she's cool. But then I realized that it could go either way. Now I think she just doesn't care. No matter how hard I work, it will not affect my evaluation whatsoever.

After a busy day at work, which included taking pictures of a dead baby (sorry), I rushed home at the mercy of the subway, to head to the post office to get my OSAP. Fortunately, I got there with 15 minutes to spare. As I was filling out the form, I realized that I didn't bring a void cheque, nor did I have any financial information on me. Hence, a wasted trip. I had forgotten to go to the bank first. On my way home, I decided to treat myself to a nice unhealthy McDonalds dinner. I got a little excited when I remembered that it's Monopoly time so I bought a McFlurry to get the game pieces. As soon as I got home, I plopped on the bed to open my mail....and....an hour later, woke up to my roommate looking at me from the door, half on and half off my bed. Funny, since she's never home. Anyways...my McFlurry had melted and in my daze, I threw it out without taking the game pieces. Hence, another waste.

So now I am writing about my day, and no one will read it...but that's okay, because I enjoy talking to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home