Thursday, December 15, 2005

Poof

Today I feel like I have been living in a giant bubble that just burst, and all the bits and pieces of my perfect little world are now scattered across my bedroom floor. Okay, maybe my metaphorical bedroom floor. I feel so deflated. WOoooooooooooooooooosh.

Maybe it's just because my bank account is deflated. I paid $1600 in bills today and I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping. I just haven't been satisfied with the gifts that I see out there. I pride myself on buying the perfect gift! Now, those bah humbugs will say who care about buying presents for people? Well....yes, it sucks to give gifts and not receive them, but there is just something about Christmas that makes me want to open up my wallet. I call it : Andrea-can't-friggen-stop-spending-money-disguised-as-Santa-Claus. Or maybe I'm just doing a little bit of retail therapy to counter the winter blues. And yes, today was a prime example of how people can suffer from the winter blues. So much snow that I got sent home early from work today. At 11:30 am.
(Example of BCBG retail therapy)

I also found out today that my cousin is getting married. This is a 1st cousin, who I haven't seen since 1986 and who lives in Australia. However, so graciously, has invited my family to his wedding, which is in 3 weeks. Now don't get me wrong, but what kind of crazy individual would be able to plan a trip to Australia in 3 weeks, take time off work on such short notice, AND be able to afford the last minute airfare (which, by the way is $3000) ?? Guess we aren't that close haha.

Well, good thing I'm broke, or else I really might have gone. Screw working!

So what will I be doing this Christmas season? Probably nothing. How many Christmas parties did I get invited to? Zero. How many New Years' parties? Zero. Oh well, there is always shopping...oh wait, I'm broke.

On a lighter note, I did manage to see something kind of amusing the other day:


Why do you have to stop when the dogs are barking?? How do you know if they are barking??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home