Creative Writing
So I had today off and I was cleaning my room. I came across an old assignment that I completed in Grade 11 English. I'm not exactly sure what the point of that assignment was, but to this day I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this story:
Marianne's Trip
There once was a girl named Marianne who was told only to walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic, so she could see any danger coming towards her. She was a bright and cheerful girl who did as she was told, always looking with every step.
One day, on a warm spring morning, she was walking along to the hardware store (why???), left side as usual, to buy her father some nails (again, why???). A slight wind blew her long, black hair into her face. As she was pushing it out of the way, she heard shouting coming from an open window. It seemed to grow louder as she walked and finally she stopped at a dainty little house with blue shutters and a wide porch.
Marianne was hesitant to stay and listen, but her mother had always told her not to stick her nose into other people's business. Still, she was curious, so she lingered around for a couple of minutes. Soon the shoulting stopped and she decided to move on. Marianne was about to leave, but she noticed that her shoe was untied. As she bent over to tie it, a heavyset man with broad shoulders burst out the door running, causing the little girl to trip over her laces and fall into the street. "Why is this happening?", Marianne thought. "I'm supposed to see any danger that comes. Mother was wrong!".
She struggled to get up in a sitting position; the man, who was carrying something under his arm, headed across the once quiet street. From the house, a woman cried out, "Stop him! He's taken my stuff!" She pointed at the man, who ran towards some trees. Marianne stood up and brushed herself off just to see the man half turn and shout, "Look where you're going, little kid."
The End
Maybe the exercise was to write about something totally pointless.

2 Comments:
Hahaha. That story is awesome. It's amazing how far away high school was when it seems like a month ago!
Drop me an email and I'll set you up with a password for Tuesday.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home