Friday, September 08, 2006

Life is full of surprises

I have just settled into my temporary home in Waterloo and finally met my landlords. They are a lovely retired Scottish couple. They invited me upstairs for tea and custard with rhubarb and some other ingredient that I can't spell. Kind of weird, but they're nice folk. Since moving here I've had major issues with my digestive system. Oh the heartburn! I was told not to lounge around in my underwear because they like to come downstairs unannounced. Well, I was wearing clothes, but um...no bra. Good thing I had a sweater to put on. I couldn't just say, "Wait a minute, let me just put on a bra".

The older gentleman found out that I'm going to the Toronto Film Festival and told me that he shares my passion for movies. Then I asked him if he liked Braveheart (you know, being Scottish and all) and he kind of gave me this look of "girl, you crazy?". Turns out he's more into the foreign sophisticated films and Shakespeare. He told me that I could borrow any movie to watch. So I'm going through his movies and nestled among "Henry V", "Out of Africa", and "Midsummer Night's Dream" there are titles like "Maid in Manhattan", "Love Actually", and "Family Guy: Seasons 1 and 2". I'll be sneaking those away when they're not looking (ok, not Maid in Manhattan).

Tomorrow I'm off to Toronto to celebrity watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home