Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Idiot pt. 2

My friend and I are going to Paris in June, and we've been toying around with dates and such. I was supposed to book our flights on Sunday, but we decided to wait until Monday to see if one other girl was coming. She declined, so last night I went online to book the ticket...only to find out that our outbound flight was all sold out of economy tickets. So, we started looking at other airlines but nothing was cheap enough. Fortunately, I checked the first airline again and this time there was ONE seat available in economy. Well, we weren't going to sit apart, so we decided to wait a few more minutes then log on again. Sweet....third time around there were two economy seats available, so I started to proceed with the online reservation.

Five minutes later I'm at the last page....and I'm entering in my credit card number and such...and...DECLINED! Dammit! Tried one more time before I realized that I had entered the wrong month for the expiry date. So I corrected it and resubmitted....then the system just booted me off so I had to start ALL over again. I couldn't call the airline cause they were closed. So when I re-searched for the tickets, of course they were sold out again. That's probably because my reservation was still in the system. So I waited for another 2 hours but it was still sold out :(

This morning, I tried again, this time only one seat left. So I called the airline to see if maybe they had something different in their computer. Nope...she said maybe to wait half an hour for the system to reset, in case someone had reserved but then changed their mind. I said, screw it, just book us for the premium seats (extra $110) on the way there and we'll sit economy on the way back. So....all booked (I think....it doesn't indicate anywhere that I actually paid for the tickets).

Then, for some stupid reason, I checked the flights again, and.....of course, there were two available economy seats....so I just spent $110 of mine and my friend's money when I could have just waited an extra 20 minutes to get the cheaper seats. Oh well....I will be drinking heavily on board in row 2 with my extra leg room and free headphones.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Booking online tickets is supposed to be so quick and easy. If you've ever tried calling it's even worse because you go through a bunch of automated stuff and then are on hold forever. Well, I hope your trip is great. My daughter and I are going to Asia in June.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Moxy said...

Well thank you ladies.... :)
I think I will resume regular blogging once my exam is over. Stay tuned for much sarcastic blogginess!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home