A weird weird day
This morning I unfortunately woke up at 6 am, probably because I was used to waking up at that time for the entire week. I had just awoken from a crazy dream where I was in Hawaii and instead of seeing everything from the ground, I was viewing everything from the air. The scenery was amazing and surreal, kind of like that scene in Contact where she's communicating with the aliens. Checked my e-mail to find one from A., who after six days of not answering his phone nor returning any of my messages was completely oblivious to the fact that I was extremely upset and frustrated over it (I'm a girl, what can you say). Not even to say hi...no e-mails, nothing. And if you're reading this A., shame on your for having time to read my blog but no time to call me back (This will be edited out of course as soon as we are talking again).
Today I felt that it was imperative that I leave my apartment in any hopes of getting studying done. So, I headed to Indigo to try and find a seat. Of course I did a little detour to Payless shoes first, just to check things out. Good thing nothing fit. So onto Indigo where the goal was to get some heavy duty studying done, because really, I had nothing else to do today. Who knew this would be the longest time I have ever sat in a coffee shop studying (nearly 6 hours!). Luckily there were lots of empty tables at Starbucks. I was peacefully studying for about half an hour when things started to get REALLY busy...and this old lady was looking for a seat so I said she could sit at my table. BIG MISTAKE. She decided to strike up a conversation, which seemed harmless at first, but the as soon as she started talking about Jesus I got really scared. Not that I have anything against him, but having someone try to convert you into overt Christianity for half an hour is not my idea of fun on a Saturday afternoon. She also complained about the "woman" who took all the seating away at Indigo and how she couldn't understand what kind of example this store was setting for our youth by selling "smut and lies". I almost burst out laughing.
She did have some interesting theories and stories about the bible code and how it predicted the Oklahoma bombing and 9/11, but then I started to lose her when she said that the Chinese army was going to march itself to Jerusalem to take it over and how the lord was going to destroy them all. I was kind of offended actually. And I'm not quite sure what to make of the fact that she said she was there when terrorists hijacked 4 planes in Tel Aviv. Needless to say, I will NOT be watching the Christian television network like she asked me to. Okay I hope I am not offending anyone right now, but I just didn't believe everything that she said. I told her that too. I thought about challenging her on some of the things she said, but then I just wanted her to go away so I could get back to my books. She left about an hour later, and was replaced by this hot guy for the next 4 hours. I think even more tragic was the total lack of conversation that occurred there. I justify it by the fact that he had a girlfriend and there was no point cause I just wasn't that interested.
Anyways, back to studying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home