Friday, February 18, 2005

Not my lucky day...again

GOSH!! IDIOT!!

I don't know WHAT went wrong today. Perhaps lack of sleep and too many non-school related things on my mind. Today I had two exams, one in emergency and one in anesthesia. Pretty underprepared for both, but confident in at least passing. Well.......if it weren't for my IDIOT moments I would feel a lot better about things right now. First exam was emerg and I almost walked in late (it's been so long since I wrote an actual exam...about 4 months...forgot how long it take to walk to school). Then I totally forgot to answer the last page, which had 4 questions on it, until the last minute and I had no time to think OR realize that the ECG rhythm strip was indeed Vtach and NOT SVT (if you actually know what those look like you'd be saying GOSH! IDIOT! too). So needless to say the rest of the questions I got wrong too because they all dealt with managment of above condition.

Ok so recovered from that....onto the anesthesia exam, where we wrote it online. At the top of the exam it says specifically not to hit "enter" if you are not typing in an answer box because that will prematurely submit your exam. Well, being the paranoid person that I am, I actually covered up the Enter key so that I wouldn't accidentally use it while I was doing my exam. Everything was going really well...I like to leave ambiguous answers blank until I go through the exam the second time so I can think about them....so as I was getting ready to go through again from the top, I somehow sighed, dropped my elbow on the table, and my hand GRAZED the OTHER Enter key near the number pad and submitted my exam. Just like that. I was in shock. No way to retrieve it. Gone.

:( Oh well, I don't think i had TOO many questions left blank..although...there were only 10 questions....
I'm going to go do some heavy drinking now.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger iNfo. said...

I have heavy drink for you as well...

Party in Whistler this weekend...woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home