Monday, June 27, 2005

Bienvenue a Paris

Well I'm back from Paris. Here is a rundown of my 10-day experience. I travelled to France with a girlfriend of mine and we had fun taking in the sights, eating way too expensive food, and being harrassed by ugly french men. Perfect weather for most of the trip. Blue skies and breezes.

Day 1
Not much to say here, except that waiting in airports while delays are happening are not fun (see previous post). Waiting for planes to take off while sitting IN the plane is even worse. We took off from Toronto and did a pitstop in Montreal. We had to wait an hour and a half for them to find 3 pieces of luggage that made it onto our flight by accident. Good thing we were in the premium seats, which offered a full 5 inches extra leg room. Great for a shorty like me!

Day 2
Walked around the Clingancourt flea market in the North of Paris. There isn't much there except either really cheap or really expensive. Next we went to Sacre Coeur, a huge church. You're not allowed to take pictures inside, but people don't like to follow rules. I watched this little old lady sneak a pic and then run out the door. We went to see the Moulin Rouge and realized that we almost booked a hotel that was beside the 'Sexodrome'. Good call.

Day 3
Eiffel tower!! Don't need to say much stuff about it. It sort of speaks for itself.



What a perfect day
Posted by Hello

Day 4
Headed to Versailles today. We toured all of the king and queen's apartments. This place is really huge. We didn't even get to explore the whole grounds. On the way back we met a nice Canadian couple from Montreal who told us about their experiences in Normandy. Now I can't wait to go there on my next trip. On our way home we stopped by the Notre Dame. I saw a real french mime!


Thank you sun for the nice effects
Posted by Hello

Day 5
Today we went to the Louvre and spent many hours there. I didn't realize that they had dice from 3000 BC. We couldn't push our way to see the Mona Lisa - this was around 2 pm, so we decided to come back later. Four hours later, it was STILL a pain to get to the front. I got about 30 seconds of face time with her.

Day 6
Changed hotels and found out that we can watch porn 24 hours a day. Today we went to the Rodin museum and saw those famous statues such as "the Thinker". We went to dinner where the the bottled water cost almost 7 euros.

Day 7-8
We went to Lille, about an hour away from Paris. There REALLY isn't much to say about this town except that the shopping is really good. This is where I bought most of my stuff. There were some good treats too...




Yummmm
Posted by Hello

Day 9
Went to Brussels today. Really not much to say here either.

Day 10
Back to Paris. Good to return to a place where guys don't cluck at you or stare at your ethnicity like you're aliens. We did some last minute shopping and then really took it easy cause it was DAMN hot. My coke cost 6 euros but it was sooo worth it. The rest of the trip was packing and not worth talking about.

All in all a good trip. I would definitely go back.

Some memorable quotes:
"Hey, doesn't our hotel key kind of look like a ball of poo?"

(Heard at the second level of the Eiffel Tower) "You know, it really is quite big"

(Heard in front of the Venus de Milo statue in the Louvre) "Why is everyone here?"

Anyways, I start my residency on Friday and I am scared out of my mind. Gonna go eat some ice cream now and wallow.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home