Monday, March 20, 2006

Music is my aeroplane

Quick, who sings that?

I am going on a trip to Vancouver and L.A. Generally I would rather book everything online and not have to talk to anyone....but it is not always the most reliable and reassuring way to buy things.

I had just booked a flight on air canada from YVR to LAX and the far was a "Tango Plus" fare, which supposedly entitles me to choose my seat in advance for free. As soon as I had made my purchase, I saw the link to choose my seat. So I clicked on that link and the next page that came up was a note that said, "Sorry! Your reservation has been confirmed. Any further questions can be directed to Customer Care."

Huh??

So I called their website assistance and explained to them that I had purchased this flight and that it screwed up when I went to choose my seat.

The woman proceeded to tell me to refresh the the page. Even though I had already logged out in order to find out the phone number to call. Then I said well I should be able to pick my seat since it's free. She then insisted that with Tango Plus you have to pay to choose your seat. So I decided to check it out...."Hmm...are you sure? I thought only regular Tango meant you had to pay for your seat selection"

"No...here let me show you"

[pause]

"Okay let me just load up the website"

[pause]

"Okay..just enter any initial and final destination. ..... Now click search....now click on the link to Tango Plus....now read what it says under the description"

[I've been on that page for 3 minutes already]

"Now what does it say?"

Me: "Tango Plus.....Advance Seat Selection: Complementary"

[pause]
[pause]

"Oh I'm sorry ma'am"

"So.....can you help me?"

"No, you'll have to speak to a reservation agent"

Geez.

So I call the reservation agent and all I get is a voice mail saying that new bookings and changes to bookings will result in a cost of $15.

I think I'll just take my chances with the seat.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats why I love the train, so much more room/choice and less overall restriction. But then there is the damn problem of the amount of time it takes to get anywhere. But whenever I go anywhere on a trip my favourite part is the plane ride, Im not sure what it is about the plane thats interesting for me. Maybe its the fat that you cant get away from anything on a plane, it give you time to think about averything that you put off on a regular basis.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Lesley said...

Red Hot Chili Peppers baby!!

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

offers for the ticket and a night out, but thanks for making me laugh for a minute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home