Tuesday, July 05, 2005

#@$^%!!

Oh my god, I am the biggest nerdo in the world. I do this quite often too, which makes me wonder why I am so careless. So I have this awesome yellow pleated skirt, which I paid full price for (and I cringe when I pay full price), and of course with wear it gets a little wrinkled. So I had intended to iron it someday when I got around to it. I was walking into the family room where the ironing board was, and my mom was watching some kind of korean soap opera (I can't really tell that they are speaking Korean...it's some kind of mix between Japanese and Mandarin to my ears). So I decided, what the heck, let's iron my skirt and talk to mom at the same time. So my mom was trying to explain to my why this Korean soap opera star is a phenom in Japan, with all the women going crazy over him. I was trying to be careful with the pleats (those things are damn tricky to iron). I looked at the screen and said, "He's not that hot". My mom thought I said that the iron wasn't hot and told me to turn it on...and I said, no I meant HE's not hot...then all of a sudden 'SSSSS....' CRAP!!!! I managed to melt some of the trimming on the skirt, which was made out of ....well, not cotton (that meshy stuff). That is the second time I have melted a piece of clothing due to sheer stupidity in the last few months.

Granted, I didn't see the mesh at all from where I was standing, partly because I'm blind but mostly because I just suck. At least it won't be so noticeable. So, after a few seconds of cursing under my breath, I decided that it didn't look too bad and that you could barely see it unless you were looking at it from 3 inches away. Mom comforted me and said that she would try to fix it as much as possible. Awww, thanks mom. So...back to the Korean soap opera...........DOUBLE CRAP!!!! (or shall I say POO!!!!!) I just ironed the melted part ONTO my skirt, and of course it's brown and the skirt is yellow so you can see it ALL. Sooooo frustrating. What a way to kill a perfectly good skirt. I hope it comes out. I'd show you a picture but I am much much too embarrassed.

So...moral(s) of the story:
1. Never buy light coloured clothing if you are the TINIEST bit clumsy
2. Never buy pleated skirts. Heck, try not to buy anything that requires ironing...by me at least
3. Do not iron and watch TV at the same time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home