Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bookworm

Who came up with that term anyways?

I'm started reading the Constant Gardener as part of my book club (yes, I triumphantly finished ONE novel within the specified time period...oh wait....no...I didn't actually finish the book before we started discussing it at the meeting...I was close though...only 70 pages left).

I went to the bookstore to buy it and of course the only copies they have are the ones with Ralph Fiennes on it. Now don't get me wrong...he's a good looking man. But why do all the books that have turned into movies have to have pictures from the movie on the cover? Do I want to see him sharing an intimate moment with Rachel Weisz? I guess they believe that it will make people want to buy the book more. But I wish that bookstores would carry more of the originals so that we don't get distracted by the multimedia approach to selling a story. Maybe I'm just not finding them because people buy up all the originals. Must be my bad luck.


In the spirit of gardening...one of my recent photos.


Another example. Memoirs of a Geisha. I picked up the book about 5 years ago and loved it. Lo and behold I lent it to my sister, who lent it to her then boyfriend, who took it home to Malaysia and....left it there. So not only do I not have my copy of the book, but I can't even buy it with that cover (minus the Zhang Zi Yi face plastered all over it). Although I admit, this isn't too bad of a cover.


On another completely unrelated note. Last weekend So I Married an Axe Murderer was on TV. I loooooooooooove that movie. I think it is the movie I can recite most of the lines from. Love Mike Myers.


HEED!!! PANTS!!! NOW!!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

S, S-A, T-U-R-D-A-Y!

By the way the book is in storage in Toronto, not in M'sia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home