..................................
I've been saying that romance is dead for years. Which is not entirely true...there are still a few guys out there who will make the effort, but it seems very short lived...maybe just enough to reel you in, and then once you're comfortable, all romance gets dumped out of the window. Not alluding to any specific instances, but just making a generalization. And yes, it is my opinion, and yes, feel free to say otherwise.
What ever happened to the little things? Like packing someone's lunch, or spontaneous hugs, or surprise phone calls, or flowers, or ....actual....dating? Now I'm not talking about gestures from guys who secretly have crushes on you or whatnot...I'm talking about the guys who would actually call themselves your boyfriend, the ones you are in a committed relationship with.
Maybe it's because apparently we don't "appreciate" it or have too high standards to be satisfied with anything. Or maybe putting yourself out there is taking too big of a risk. Who knows, I only speak from my own collaborative experience. Of course, we are to blame as well, because we probably spend far too much time watching romance on television and in movies, rather than actually doing it.
Relationships really are hard work. And when they end, people always say one of two things:
"There are plenty more fish in the sea" - Yes, but there is also lots of garbage
and
"Time heals all" - And so does alcohol (at least puts you into a state of "who gives a shit")
Time heals, but you have to actually PASS that time, while going through all the stages...denial, guilt, anger, acceptance.
And, do you do the friends thing afterwards? Or is it better to make a clean break? Quite tricky if you have mutual friends. Or...a baby (NOT saying I know from experience!!) I see so many failed relationships where there are children involved and it's just not a good scenario.
But, you know...you can only gain from your experiences. Where am I going with this post. Nowhere.
Okay, this post is way too serious for my liking. I suggest you watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzMJ_RdgHg&search=silent%20library%203

1 Comments:
I had this post up on my web browser all day yesterday as I wanted to post a comment about it, however I never did. I had so much to say about, but I didnt know how to turn it into words. Its probably better that way.
But, that video is so funny. I dont know what makes it funnnier, the fact that there is a random black guy that seems a little out of place at times. Or rather that they are pretending to be in a library, where no-one can hear/see what they are doing.
Post a Comment
<< Home