Saturday, July 30, 2005

Can someone cut me a new nose?

There are very few things in life that piss me off every day, and allrgies has got to be one of them. Peopole usually sympathize with allergy sufferers during the peak seasons, but for some reason, mine seem to bother me EVERY DAY. If it's not sneezing, it's an itchy nose and eyes, or constant stuffiness. In the winter when I'm not as bad, it's vasomotor rhinitis, which basically means that my nose runs everytime I go outside or back inside. Usually people can't wait to get home from work because they're exhausted or have an important date to go to. I can't wait to go blow my nose. I know that sounds gross, but I just thought I'd get that off my chest. I don't tend to sneeze as much as most people do, and I hardly get the runny sniffles. But for some reason my nose itches so much sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just ripped it off my head.

Today I was coming home from Toronto on a 2 hr bus ride, and the air conditioning was on full blast. This made my nose go crazy. And for some stupid reason I had forgotten to take some antihistamines with me. So I called ahead to my dad, who was supposed to be picking me up from the bus station to bring along everything he had...some pills, nasal spray, even some advil for the eventual headache that was probably going to happen. .....jump forward to 2 hours later. I've taken Reactine and Aerius within half an hour of each other. Only sneezed twice on the bus but itching driving me bonkers. We went out to eat dinner at a restaurant and I really felt bad for the people sitting at the table, having to watch me constantly rub my nose in an attempt to alleviate the itchiness. Not one to enjoy overmedicating myself, I toughed it out for another 2 hours before I finally gave in and took a THIRD antihistamine (Actifed) which miraculously cleared it up. Apparently my dad's friend has been taking it for 40 years. Gotta get me some of those.

On a totally unrelated note: How are you supposed to react when you hear your parent's mother say the word, "Penis" in public??

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger iNfo. said...

You say, "YO! DAT'S MY GIRL!!" :)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Moxy said...

Whoops, sorry no, that was my friend's mother...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home