E=mc2
This past weekend I went to Kitchener-Waterloo to be "recruited" to the community as a family doctor. Wined and dined. That's right. I actually went last year as well, and didn't really learn much more than before. Except that there are a lot of geeks in town (haha j/k). Some people won blackberries. Yay. We went to the Perimiter Institute where people just "think" all day about theoretical physics. The building is equipped with floor to ceiling chalkboards where people just write mathematical equations. I'm not sure if they were just there for show or people actually contemplated, "What exactly IS gravity??"
We had a nice dinner on the second night and, funnily enough, me and another girl were the only two single people attending the weekend. And they sat us together at the same table, WAYYY at the back. So I turned to her and said, "You'd think they would pick up on that and sit us next to some eligible bachelors"....and she just gave the tiniest laugh. (uh....oops....maybe she's a lesbian, and they think I'm one too?)
The person sitting on the other side of me was a guest from the Perimeter Institute. I don't think he was one of the think tank guys though. Maybe he was a janitor. Halfway through the dinner, he leaned BEHIND me, and asked the girl beside me, "Hey, some of us were heading to a party aftewards, do you want to come?" (WTF as if he just asked someone two people over and completely ignored me).....then......."It's at a physicist's house." (me - pretend you're not listening, pretend you're not listening).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home