The nth wheel
Last night I went out to some club called Budo, to meet my friend from London (Ontario), who I haven't seen since August. It was HER friend's birthday celebration so I decided to tag along. Not being one to go to bars alone, I was hesitant, but I decided hey, I'm an adult, I can do it! Although, I look 12, which doesn't help when you're trying to get into a 25+ club. He didn't check my ID...how sweet....
So it was my friend and her new boyfriend, the birthday girl and her old boyfriend of 11+ years, and some filler girls. Since I didn't really know anyone except my friend, I tended to hang around them more, at least until I got my first and only drink. Whoknew that martinis there cost $12?! My rye and coke cost $6. And my friend, who ordered it for me because she likes to do that said drunkenly, "A rye and soda and coke"...so the bartender thought I was wacko ....she started pouring...got the rye in ...then the coke...then she only filled it 2/3 of the glass. What a cheapass! But then she said ...are you sure you wanted soda? (Didn't she pour the coke in already? coke is soda). So I said "um, yes..." so then she proceeded to put in tonic water....ahhh now I get it.
Lots kissing, smooching, things that new couples do, especially drunk ones. What is a third wheel supposed to do? Hang out with the other ppl of course...but they're a couple too....so that makes me 5th wheel...the two filler girls, I don't know, and they know each other really well, so essentially I'm a 7th wheel. All in all, after the drink I did feel a little better (doesn't take much). Too bad there was really no one in the crowd to look at (that's all I ask for!).
Bottom line...it was an ok night. Can't really say it's a success when you and your friend get sandwiched together a la night at the roxbury.....
2 days until my birthday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home