Wasted Comedy
I've had some awesome posts in my head, but for one reason or another they never made it into my blog. Such a shame, because I thought that they were very witty. For the last couple of days I actually became obsessed with Microsoft Access...I don't think I've ever gone so far to re-learn an application in my life. I even went to the bookstore to stand there and try to look up the answers to my question. I've never seen so many Indigo workers hovering around me. I feel unwanted :(
Anyways, so I'm pretty happy with the results of my database (for school project, btw). It's not perfect, but it's not bad considering I really only worked on it for 3 days.
I was just watching some program on the History channel. I think it was movie, and there were people doing an operation. There was a female surgeon, a male surgeon, an anesthetist, and a bunch of nurses. Everyone was calling the female surgeon, "Ma'am", cause I think they were in the army or something?? Not sure. Anyways, they ruptured his spleen somehow even though theren't even operating anywhere near there. She just whips back the sterile drapes and feel the patient while saying, "The patient is anesthetized so he's cold. The only place he's going to be warm is where the arterial bleeding is". Then she just felt him up until she found the "warm spot". Hahaha....but the best was....he ended up coding on the table and after a couple of attempts to resuscitate him, the anesthestist says, "There's nobody home"...and then they stop. Who SAYS that??
My supervisor is English and he likes to say stuff like "jolly good". I've been working with him for the last month and yesterday he asked me where someone was, and I actually answered, "I don't know" in an English accent. I hope he didn't think I was mocking him or anything. He is really passionate about his patients. He does all these clinical trials and gets really frustrated by the patients with the extra weight across the middle. One patient was trying to talk to him about why he can't lose weight, and my supervisor just stared at his belly. It was kind of weird. Today he was talking to a patient and I was in the room, and he was staring at my shoes the whole time. I wore my pointy boots today, and after that, I will re-think my "work" attire....I dunno, I figured that boots that 1 in 3 girls wears were OK for the office. Guess my supervisor disagrees. Anyways, tired, going to bed now. Good night.

1 Comments:
I know how the whole not-posting thing goes, I've been doing it for the last three weeks. Anway, what exactly are you going to school for?
Post a Comment
<< Home