Uhh, grab the crash cart just in case
I think that life has been pretty hectic as of late, but I find that the only way to get through life's hard times is by keeping in touch with those who care about you. It has been rather hard lately, since when I'm feeling at my worst this is when everyone magically disappears. Oh well, not really a substantial or validated complaint, since I'm pretty sure I'm not available to everyone who needs me ( although...who really needs me anyways?).
Today we had a "simulator day" at the hospital, where we got to pretend we were anesthetists putting a patient to sleep in the operating room. The simulator mannequin, or sim man for short even talks back to you (well ok, someone in the next room is talking to you). My partner and I got our patient off to sleep quite well (got it down after only one day of anesthesia ever in my life!)...but of course when the patient started crashing we had no idea what to do. Luckily our patient didn't die on us and we got to shock him back to life. Way to go team!
A couple of nights ago some guy called my cell phone and started talking cheeky with me, all the while not realizing that I had NO idea who he was. We played the..."um...who is this?"..."It's me!!"...game for about a minute or so, interrupted by a few creepy "Are you in bed yet?" comments. Finally, it dawned on this guy that I had absolutely no idea who he was, and that in fact he had called the wrong number. End of story right? No...seizing his small window of opportunity he proceeded to invasively ask questions about myself (which I either deferred or lied about) and even went so far as to ask me if I'd go out for dinner with him (insert psycho moment here). Uhh, no thanks. Why didn't I just hang up ages ago you ask? Well, considering it was the most exciting thing that had happened to me all weekend, I decided to play along for a while.
Last night I watched Napoleon Dynamite. That has got to be one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. If anyone has ever seen it please let me know, cause I need to someone to share that wicked Canned Heat dancing skit with.
Happy Chinese New Year. Please make all the Valentine's day propaganda go away.....

1 Comments:
I think you ripped my mole off!
Post a Comment
<< Home