Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I AM going crazy

I just wrote a huge post and erased it all. SO ANNOYING. (Actually I did it twice, but the second time I had copied the text so here we go again)

Ok let me start from the beginning. I am working in a hospital in Windsor for a month. I thought it would be a good idea to get away for awhile, from parents and friends, to try to experience something new on my own. Well, I sure picked the wrong city to do that in. There is nothing to do here really. Except gamble. Or become a trucker. Or hang out at a gas station. I've even resorted to watching the same TV show twice in one night. At least I get the WB here...sure helps keep me company since I am living in a 3 bedroom house all by myself. In an industrial area across from a hospital. There is a bedroom on the 2nd floor, in an "attic" type room. After watching those Exorcism of Emily Rose commericals, I don't dare go up there at night. And everytime I come home I check my machine for messages even though no one has ever called me LOL.

I am down here working in internal medicine clinics. My supervisor is actually on vacation right now, so I've been working with his "understudy". This week he only has two half-day clinics so he told me to ask the administrative person to schedule me with someone to work with for the rest of the week. After much confusion and miscommunication later, I realized that this morning I missed a clinic that I was "supposed" to have attended (I did enjoy sleeping in though). Apparently he told the admin person that he talked to me and that he told me to go work with whoever my classmate was assigned to for the day. When I think about it, if I had actually HAD that conversation with him I might have known where to go this morning....especially considering I don't have the slightest clue who my classmate is working for, or even what clinic it is. Apparently I was not "worthy" enough to get a clinic schedule. So....I don't think I'm going crazy...

But maybe you can decide for yourself. I've been oversleeping a lot lately and I've been having really weird dreams. Yesterday I had one where I discovered that my mom was hiding baby dolphins in her car. I was getting really worried about them not being in water...but the only thing I could find was a bottle of juice. So I doused the dolphins in juice. Then I figured out I should get them back to the ocean or something, but that I had to keep them hidden from other people because they might call the police and have me arrested for keeping baby dolphins. So I wrapped up one in a blanket and took it with me to my new apartment. My new apartment was on the top floor of a house, except the house was like 5 or 6 stories tall. I just kept going up flights of narrow stairways. This house had about 20 other students living in it, and I was trying to hide the dolphin under my arm so they wouldn't find out (how I carried a dolphin under my arm is another story). So when I got to the top I decided to keep the dolphin in the bathtub. And for some reason, I thought I should also take a shower.

By the way....how come in dreams you can never get any privacy? Like in my dream if I'm ever trying to take a shower or go into a room by myself, there are never any walls or doors?? Does anyone else have dreams like that?

Anyways....the dolphin in my bathtub suddenly morphed into Sandra Bullock and then I woke up.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

Yeah, I get those dreams all the time!!! They're rather embarassing so I'm not going to divulge them here....BTW Sandra Bullock? Was Keanu there? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home