The story of how I got my new ring.
First off...something unrelated. Drivers in Windsor are crazy. Last night a young lady decided to turn left into a driveway, RIGHT into my path. I almost t-boned her. Luckily for her I don't honk much so she probably didn't even realize me slamming on my brakes. Tonight passed an accident right by my house. The roads are so weird and winding here...or MAYBE it's just me...maybe I'M the bad driver. Who knows.
Anyways....so I used to have this really part time season job selling jewelry for these two guys at fairs and stuff. They travel around to hospitals and malls all around Ontario. I worked for these guys maybe 2 weeks about 5 years ago. I've run into the one guy before at university and he asked me to work for an hour so he could go get some food...paid me some cash and never saw him again.
So I'm here in Windsor working at the hospital....and lo and behold, there is a sterling silver jewelry sale going on in the mezzanine....hmmm...sounds familiar. So I pop by and sure enough it's the guy I used to work for. He says, "Hey, you look familiar"..and I say, "Yeah I used to work for you 5 years ago." It took him about 10 seconds to register that (and not sure if he entirely did), and he said, "HEY! Why don't you work for me for a bit so I can go get some food?" (he really means go for a smoke). The funny thing is...I don't remember his name...and he doesn't remember mine. For all he knows, I could have been some Asian look-a-like wanting to scam some jewelry.
So all in all I worked 2 hours over 2 days, made $40 and scored a pretty nice free ring. Maybe I should quit being a resident haha.

1 Comments:
Man that sounds so sketch that he would trust you to run his jewellery stand. Who does that? Well I guess people have no problem trusting people in scrubs. Maybe I should wear some...
Post a Comment
<< Home